Monday, June 7, 2010

Sweet Tooth Sunday: Lemon Cream Pie


This was the easiest thing to make and I actually had everything on hand. That never happens! I am not known for a well stocked pantry, but what do you know?! I even had whipped cream and lemons. I have the goofiest little glass that says "Ladies, a good housewife always keeps plenty of lemons in the fridge". I have no idea what that is about, but it's kind of funny because I mostly keep condiments in my fridge...and pantry. In fact, this morning the cupboards were so very bare that we had to eat lemon cream pie for breakfast. I was going to make an early morning run to the convenience store out of desperation and they've only got pop tarts for breakfast. But then I figured pie is just as healthy as pop tarts and I'll just have to make it up somewhere else in the day.

But on to the recipe. Here's where I got it. I love it. It was easy and tart, but not too tart. Just perfect. There's alot of stirring involved in the custard making, but I love that. A word to the wise, and this should go without saying, but I'll say it anyway because I ignored myself: just put it in the fridge and forget about it for a while. I know it's hard to forget that you just worked on this pie and now you want to eat it so bad. But try because it's so good cold. Really really cold. It was better for breakfast today than it was for dessert last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment