Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sweet Tooth Sunday: Cake Balls


Today we are headed to a Benefit for a local family and I've made up some cake balls to throw into the bake sale. I love cake balls, but they are not for the weak or frail. My husband finds them to be repulsive. I think they'd make a great food dare. If you've never made cake balls and you need the whole low-down, then go check out this tutorial with Bakerella and the Pioneer Woman.
But I'm a simple girl, so I'll break it down here.

Bake a box cake. Crumble it up and mix in a whole tub of frosting. Whatever sounds good. My favorite combo is lemon and lemon. Mix that up and make it a mush. Put it in the fridge for a while. Then roll them into little balls. Put it back in the fridge. Then melt some chocolate (I like white chocolate coating), dip the balls, sprinkles, and put them back in the fridge. They are pretty seriously intense. You could probably bet people money. Like maybe they couldn't eat 5. I think even the most hard-core food betters couldn't handle 5. They're small so they look conquerable.

Next time I think I'll try this recipe for Cookie Dough Truffles. Yum.

So, let's have a look at how Sweet Tooth Sunday worked out. Pretty well I think. There was minimal cheating. I stopped myself from baking several times. It got a little tough around Wednesday, but we worked it out. Birthday cake on Friday. I'm not keeping them from cake at a party, though. They survived the week. So here we have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment